NI LabVIEW Academy
Dr N.G.P Institute of Technology, Coimbatore have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the national Instruments, Bangalore on 09.11.2011 with a primary objective of ingraining the young engineers with the knowledge of LabVIEW and Explore the real world challenges.
Dr.N.G.PIT – NI LabVIEW ACADEMY gives the budding engineers the knowledge and the required tools to experimentally discover the possible solutions for real time engineering challenges. It provides the students with a classroom curriculum package besides their academics. The academy gives room for anyone seeking LabVIEW education and knowledge through research and projects over the course of a Semester. It also aims to provide the faculties and students with the opportunity, knowledge and tools to attempt the certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAB) exam.
From 2012 onwards the academy motivated the students to participate in NI YANTRA and VI MANTRA. The personnel from national instruments appreciated the excellent number of innovative ideas and also they offered technical support for the students who were listed in the top 50 out of 645 project entries from various reputed institution all over India
Achievements by Students
- Mr. Abdul Wahab, Mr.N. PraveenKumar, Mr.S.RamaChandar, Mr.S.ShibiPrasanna&Mr.P. Pradeep of IV-year ECE won I Place in "Student Design Competition 2013" (NI Popular Vote Award) by National Instruments, U.S.A. and received US $750 for the Project titled "Efficient Wireless Data Transfer For Real Time Greenhouse Management Using IEEE 802.15.4. ZigBee Protocol NIYANTRA 2013
- PSheebha M Suruthi N UzairAhemed R Raghav Kumar – Automatic rescue of child from bore well were selected for phase II NIYANTRA 2015 –The Graphical System Design Contest.
- Nair K Amritha U Nithya R SowmiyaSushmithaRajh - Labview based versatile telemetry monitoring system. were selected for phase II NIYANTRA 2015 –The Graphical System Design Contest.
- RittoThankachan V Sreeleja R Subha Sri M L Sanjitha - I cane using arduino and Labview were selected for phase II NIYANTRA 2015 –The Graphical System Design Contest
- P.Dinesh –II M.E –EST - Interfacing labview and brain signal to control quadcopter - were selected for phase II NIYANTRA 2016
- EAbishake -R Kishore-D Lavanya-R Indhu of IV year were selected for phase II NIYANTRA 2017 - The Annual Student Design Contest, Title: Anti-Spoofing For Fingerprint Security System
- H Mohammed Ibrahim -A NasrinBanu-G Ashlin Selma-M Maria Sarah of IV year were selected for phase II NIYANTRA 2017 - The Annual Student Design Contest , Title: Enemy Detector Bot-Border sense
Support Received from National Instruments
|S.No||Name of the Centre||Equipment Supported||Cost of the Equipment|
|01.||National Instruments LabVIEW Academy||NI - ELVIS||Rs. 2,20,000|
|USRP hardware||Rs. 2,00,000|
Training Offered through Industry Powered laboratories
|S.No||Academic Year||Name of the industry Supported||Course Name||Effectiveness|
National Instruments Bangalore
NI LabVIEW Core I & II
Students Participated in NI YANTRA Design Contest