About Central Library
Dr. N.G.P. Institute of Technology Library and Information Center established in 2007, has a large stock of books and journals. "Books are for use and not for preservation" Our Library functions with this dictum. Provide the needed books to the students and staff members in proper time. Work for the knowledge improvement of the students. Continuously improve Our Quality and Services.
|Library||No. of Volumes||No. of Titles|
|NON-BOOK MATERIAL DETAILS||No. of Counts|
|IEEE All Society Periodical Package||
|ELSEVIER Science Direct (Engg & CSE Package)||
|DELNET (Engineering & Management) e-journals||
|DELNET (Engineering & Management) e-books||
|Journal Back Volumes||
- Students/staff shall scan their ID card in the E Gate Register scanner while entering and leaving the library.
- The library users shall possess their ID card while they are inside the library.
- Books shall be issued only on production of Bar-coded ID card.
- Strict silence shall be maintained in the library.
- Personal belongings like files, folders, bags, jerkins, umbrella, issued books etc are not allowed inside the library. They should be kept on the rack provided at the entrance of the library.
- For the benefit of its users, library is following the Open Access System. The books, current journals, back volumes taken out the racks shall not be replaced. They should be left only on the tables. Well trained Library assistants are there to replace them in the proper places.
- The librarian reserves the right to cancel the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.
Book Circulation Rules
- The books taken from the library are to be returned within 14 days for students, 2 months for Non Teaching and Admin Staff, 4 months for Teaching Staff or on or before the due date specified in the due date slip sticked in the front page of the books.
- While taking the books staff and students should write their Roll No. on the due date slip pasted in the book.
- All UG and PG students are eligible to take 6 books, all Non Teaching and Admin Staff are eligible to take 8 books and Teaching Staff are eligible to take 10 books.
- There will be no issue of returned books on the same day. The books will be issued next day afternoon onwards.
- If a book is not returned on the due date another book will not be issued.
- If a user fails to return the books on the due date the member is liable to be fined Rs. 2 per day.
- If a book is lost, then the user should inform to the librarian immediately and the same should be traced and replaced within 15 days from the due date.
- If the borrower is not able to replace the book for the book lost within two weeks, they have to pay doubel the cost of the book. If a book is replaced, current edition of new book only be accepted.
- Reference books, CD’s, DVD’s, Project Reports, Back Volumes and Periodicals will not be issued. They are only for reference inside the library.
- Users are allowed to take the photocopies of the required articles of periodicals. Photocopying of full book is not permitted.
|S.No.||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Profile|
|dr. s. ganesan||Librarian||View Profile|
|ranjith jaya thangam. s||Assistant Librarian||View Profile|
|s prakash||Assistant Librarian||View Profile|
|v.a. sasikumar||Assistant Librarian||View Profile|
|s.kavya||Library Assistant||View Profile|
|premalatha.d||Library Assistant||View Profile|
|vimala b||Library Assistant||View Profile|
|bairavi.g||Library Assistant||View Profile|