Road Safety club
UAV & SYSCOM CLUB
Road Safety Club was inaugurated by Mr. Sujit Kumar I.P.S., Deputy Commissioner of Police (Traffic), Coimbatore City on 10th August 2018. The club established as a means of teaching the younger generations with a view to inculcating good road behavior. This education plays an important role in shaping the attitudes and behaviors of children and young people ensuring they become responsible drivers.
- To create Road Safety Awareness among the students and improve their knowledge and skills to reduce the accidents and develop young ambassadors to take up this to each individual
- Educating motorist and members of the public on the importance of discipline on the highways
- To provide an opportunity to students to be familiar with road safety educations
- To facilitate student's participation in decision making in an area related to road safety while traveling by bus, car, and motorcycle
- To involve students in action-based program related to safe road, safe speed, safe drive and safe vehicle
- Conducting awareness campaigns about the helmet, seat belt, drug abuse, over speed, Drunk and drive, etc.
- Rallies to inculcate the Road safety to the public
- Cooperation with bodies or agencies or groups in road safety activities or in the prevention of accidents on the highways
- Prevention or minimization of accidents on the highway
- Enforcement of speed limits for all categories of roads and vehicles
- Regulation of the use of mobile phones by motorists, seat belts and other safety devices motorcycles on the highways
- Convener :Dr.P.Muthupriya, HOD/CIVIL
- Coordinator :Mr.Manoj.K.M. AP/CIVIL
- Office bearers :Mr.K.Nirmal, Lab Technician/CIVIL
The Road Safety Pledge
By taking the Road Safety Pledge, you make a commitment towards responsible road safety behavior to help make our roads safer for all road users. Take the first step to safer roads by pledging your support today!
Beginning right now, I will do my part to end distracted driving by pledging that:
- To wear my seatbelt while driving and ensure my passengers do too
- Not to drink and drive
- Not to text or call while driving if I do not have a hands-free kit
- To be aware of pedestrians and other road users. Stay alert
- To adhere to the speed limit and adjust my speed according to road conditions and weather changes
- To take regular breaks and stop when it is safe to do so
- I will encourage my friends and family to do their part to end distracted driving. I pledge to make a difference.
Road Safety Club was inaugurated by Mr. Sujit Kumar I.P.S., Deputy Commissioner of Police (Traffic), and Coimbatore City on 10th August, 2018. The club was established for teaching the younger generations with a view to inculcating good road behavior.