SWYAM-NPTEL Local Chapter
National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning(NPTEL) is a joint initiative of the IITs and IISc. Through this initiative, NPTEL offer online courses and certification in various topics. It is funded by MHRD, Government of India. The main objective of the National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) is to enhance the quality of engineering & science education in the country by developing contents for undergraduate and postgraduate curricula using video and web based courses. The mission of NPTEL is to enhance the quality of engineering education in the country by providing free online courseware.
- To explore new areas of interest in engineering and technology
- To provide opportunity to learn in greater depth in the subjects they wish to master
- To bring out the self-learning initiative of the students
- Enables the student to directly engage and learn through subject experts in that particular course.
- Strengthen the fundamentals of the student in the field.
- President : Dr. S. Jaganathan, Professor & Head - EEE
The broad aim of the project NPTEL is to facilitate the competitiveness of Indian industry in the global markets through improving the quality and reach of engineering education. The operational objective of NPTEL is to make high quality learning material available to students of engineering institutions across the country by exploiting the advances in information and communication technology.
Use of the course/certificate
- UGC and AICTE are actively encouraging colleges and Universities to adopt at-least one online course a semester for credit transfer.
- Many students are using these to prepare for GATE exams and higher studies too.
- The advanced courses are being recommended to AICTE to be approved as Faculty development programs (FDP) so that they can get the points for the same.
- Companies can also dig into this pool of candidates with specialized skills – in case they wish to recruit.
- NPTEL Certification exams will be held during the forenoon and afternoon sessions on respective dates.
- The entire process of filling up of the application form and uploading of certificates/documents, etc. is in online mode only. The candidates should not send any hard copy of his/her application form/documents etc. to NPTEL office.
- The payment of exam registration fees is through electronic mode.
- NPTEL supports the "Go green" initiative.
- We will be publishing only e-certificates henceforth.
- Hard copies of course certificates will not be printed.
- Effective sharing of knowledge, practices, and technologies in support of the implementation of A-VIEW.
- Promote standardized learning environment across geographical areas.
- CONVERNOR: Dr.S.Jaganathan
NPTEL is now offering online certification courses through its portal https://swayam.gov.in/nc_details/NPTEL
There are 4wk, 8wk set 1 and 2 as well as 12wk courses.