The purpose of this organization would be to advance the science, development, construction, and application of the new machinery for computing, reasoning, and other handling of information.
The Association is an international scientific and educational organization dedicated to advancing the art, science, engineering, and application of information technology, serving both professional and public interests by fostering the open interchange of information and by promoting the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Discuss significant trends and emerging technologies and their impact on global society.
- Demonstrate professional behavior in response to an ethically-challenging scenario in computing.
- Describe the attitudes, knowledge and abilities associated with quality customer service.
- Use communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills as a member of a diverse team.
The ACM Student Chapter@Dr.NGPIT was instituted during October 2013. The chapter serves as a gateway to forums, panel discussions, and symposia for professional development of the students.
Activities (Oct 2013 - June 2014)
- Webinar on "INTRODUCTION TO HADOOP", held on 17th October 2013 by Mr.Ifthe Harueen, Senior Technical Analyst, TCS, Bangalore
- Workshop on "HOW TO CRACK TANCET – MCA" on 22nd February 2014 where 250 students from 10 Colleges participated.
- "Soft Skills Training" by Dr.Sucheetha Ramachandran, Head, Department of Communicative English held on 6th March 2014.
- "Technical Quiz", held on 25th April 2014