Indian Biomedical Skill Consortium (IBSC)
The Department of Biomedical Engineering, Dr.N.G.P. Institute of Technology, Coimbatore registered itself as a partner institution with Indian Biomedical Skill Consortium on 13.06.2018. In collaboration with IBSC 11 of our students visited Andhra Pradesh MedTech Zone (AMTZ) which is Asia’s first dedicated Medical Devices Manufacturing Park, spread over an area of 270 acres with 200-250 manufacturing units under development. IBSC has also stepped forward to support our annual workshop “A forum for hands on training and quality control of Medical Equipment” (MedZEST-2019) towards its grand success and has offered to conduct an assessment towards a certification in our premises. The National Coordinator of IBSC, Mr.Nitturi Naresh Kumar visited our campus for an interactive session and is closely collaborating with our Biomedical Engineering students and Alumni towards their skill development and placement opportunities spread out across the country.
In February 2018, IBSC was jointly established by the Andhra Pradesh MedTech Zone (AMTZ), Quality Council of India (QCI) through the National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB) and the Association of Indian Medical Devices Industry (AiMeD).
The Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) USA, which is a non-profit organization founded in 1967, is a diverse community of biomedical professionals and recognized in more than 100 countries for its contribution to the healthcare world. IBSC signed MoU with AAMI where an IBSC certified candidates will have access into international job market.
Objectives & Outcome of IBSC
- The "lndian Biomedical Sill Consortium (IBSC)" has put in place an equivalence system of value based assessment covering educational training, work experience and competency possessed by practitioners of biomedical engineering skills.
- The outcome is a Technology Competency Score (TCS) level (1-10) which is framed on parity with other such professional bodies in many other countries.
Test Centers Across the Country
Aims of IBSC
- IBSC aims to standardize the recruitment process of Medical Device Industry in the country though this initiative. A BE / BTech may be insufficient in the future to expect call for biomedical engineering jobs.
- IBSC has collaborated strongly with Biomedical Industries across the country registered through the Association of Indian Biomedical Skill Consortium (AiMed)
Benefits of partnering with IBSC
- Dr.NGPIT is one of the partnered institutes across the country and is a center for IBSC to conduct training, hosting meetings and coordinate certification examination
- IBSC certification is recognized internationally with countries they sign MoU with hence supports National and International placement opportunities
Dr.N.G.P.IT Faculty & Student Membership
|Registered Staff Count||10|
|Registered Student Count||30|
|KMCH Biomedical Engineers||5|