Indian Concerete Institute
About ICI :
Dr.N.G.P Institute of Technology has inaugurated the ICI student chapter and institute membership in the year 2013. Indian Concrete Institute (ICI) is one of the leading professional bodies in India. Being a non-profit Organization, it is dedicated to the cause of Disseminating Knowledge on Concrete, to Promote Concrete Technology and Construction and to address the Research Needs of Concrete. From the year of inauguration the student chapter has organized many inter and intra college competitions and activities like seminars, workshops, conferences and guest lectures. Apart from organizing several programs, students have also participated in various national and international level competitions conducted by ICI and the students have brought laurels to this institution. This ICI student chapter helps the students of Civil Engineering to enrich their knowledge in the area of Concrete Technology and other related areas.
- ICI aims to cater the professional needs of individual and organization involved in concrete.
- To promote growth of concrete construction and its sub-specializations.
- To disseminate information and to train personnel for the needs of changing concepts in the technology.
- To collaborate with national and international agencies in creating better understanding of concrete construction technology.
- To indentify R & D problems of practical relevance to concrete construction technology.
- To arrange periodical seminars and exhibitions on the subject
- To arrange annual lecture series on selected topics of relevance to concrete constructions.
- ICI student chapter provide knowledge in the field of Concrete Technology and other related areas.
- Promotes growth of concrete construction.
- Provides adequate knowledge for researchers in the area of concrete.
Convenor : Dr.P.Muthupriya, HOD / Civil
Coordinator : Ms.K.S.Shobana, AP/ Civil
|22.09.2022||Industry Expert Lecture on “Civil Engineering Software”||Er.S.Antony Jeyendran, Structural Consultant & Registered valuer, Conceptures, Coimbatore||Students||Understand and gained knowledge about the civil engineering softwares|
|21.04.2023||Hands on Training on“ Non Destructive Testing on Concrete”||"Mr.G.Ramesh Kumar, Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, NGP iTech"||Students||Understand and gained knowledge about the NDT Technologies in Concrete|
|29.01.2015||Guest Lecture|| Dr.K.Nirmal Kumar
Professor Dept. of Civil Engineering Kongu Engineering College Coimbatore
|Students||Civil Engineering Students gained knowledge on Recent Advancements in the field of concrete|
|08.04.15||National Conference|| Dr. L. S. Jayagopal,
Managing Director Mithran Structures Private Limited Coimbatore
Manager,Synergy School of Business Skills, Chennai
|Students||Students presented papers of their project in conference|
|21.05.2015||Workshop||Resource persons from Multicon Institute for Professional Training, Tiruchengode||Students||Students gained knowledge on Software|
|05.08.15||Workshop|| Dr. S. Neelamani,
Senior Research Scientist, Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research, Kuwait
|Students||Different job opportunities and challenges in coastal and ocean engineering|
|20.08.15||Hands on Training|| Dr. S. Arunachalam
Assistant Professor, Higher College of Technology, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
|Students||Students gained knowledge on Water Resources Management using open Source Software|
|13.02.16||Guest Lecture|| Dr. Terrence Cousens
Senior Lecturer in Geotechnics, School of Civil Engineering, University of Leeds, UK
|Students||Guest motivated our students and gave speech on Future Engineering|