Dr.N.G.P IT- CISCO Networking Academy
Dr.N.G.P IT Cisco networking academy was inaugurated on 8th July, 2011as a part of MoU signed with Cisco systems, Inc, Mr. Jagan Jothivel , Education Program Manager, India & SARRC, Cisco Systems India Pvt. Ltd., and Mr.M.Sreevalsan , Head-ICTS, Amirtha Vishwa Vidyapeetham , Ettimadai , Coimbatore were the chief guests for the inaugural function.
Amrita VishwaVidyapeetham, Ettimadai Campus, Coimbatore has been given the role of a Regional Academy in order to support the Local Academies. The role of Regional Academy is to train and support the Local Academies within its designated region. Dr.N.G.P IT functions in association with Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore as a Regional Academy.
CCNA is a great foundation for the Networking domain. Dr.N.G.P IT Cisco networking academy provides training on CCNA Routing & Switching to its beneficiaries. CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum builds the skills required to get hired and succeed in jobs related to networking computers and devices. During the training program, students will be able to implement the networking concepts in both Cisco Packet Tracer (network configuration simulation tool) and real equipment.
- To introduce the architecture, structure, functions, components, and models of the Internet and other computer networks.
- To explain OSI and TCP layered models
- To examine the nature and roles of protocols and services at the application, network, data link, and physical layers.
- To explain the principles and structure of IP addressing and fundamentals of Ethernet concepts, media, and operations that provide a foundation for the networking.
- To analyze protocols, network operation and build small networks in Packet Tracer (PT).
- At the end of the course, students build simple LAN topologies by applying basic principles of cabling; performing basic configurations of network devices, including routers and switches; and implement IP addressing schemes.
- The participants will Understand how the different protocols that run on routers, switches and other network devices work.
- The participants will Analyze and implement the theory by configuring routers, switches and other network devices.
- The participants will be motivated to undergo CISCO Network Module Certification
Lab incharge: Dr.B.Aruna Devi, Professor/ ECE
Lab Technician: Mr.Kaleeshwaran, Computer Cell
List of Equipments
|S.No||Major Equipment’s||Quantity||Total Cost|
|01.||CPU and Monitors||
|Rs. 20 lakhs (Approx)|
|02.||Switch:Cisco 24 Port Switch||
|03.||Switch:DAX 24 Port Switch||
|04.||Cisco WAG 120N Wireless N- Broadband Router||
|05.||Cisco 2811 Router 2811 WIAC ,PWR ,2FE , 4HWICS, 2PVDMS, INME IP BASE 64F/256D||
|06.||HW/C-2A/S 2 PORT ASVNCSSVNC WAN Interface Card||
|07.||WS-CS 2960-24TT-L Switch Catalyst 2960 24 10/100+2 100 BT LAN Base Image||
|01.||Cisco Packet Tracer 6.0.1||
Certification training Courses Include
CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician)
- Module 1: Introduction to Networks
- Module 2: Essentials of Routing and Switching
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- Module 3: Scaling of Networks
- Module 2: Monitoring of Networks
Dr.N.G.P IT - Course Instructors
|S.No||Name of the faculty||Designation||Department||Trained Through||Status|
|01.||Dr.K.P.Saipradeep||Assistant Professor||ECE||Dr.N.G.P IT||Active|
|02.||Mr.E.Kannapiran||Assistant Professor||EEE||Bannari Amman Institute of Technology||Active|
|03||Mr.R.Rajkumar||Assistant Professor||ECE||Dr.N.G.P IT||Non Active|
|04||Mr.R.Karthik||Assistant Professor||ECE||Dr.N.G.P IT||Non Active|
|05||Mr.P.Saravanan||Assistant Professor||IT||Dr.N.G.P IT||Non Active|
|06||Mr.R.Ramesh||Network Administrator||Computer Cell||Dr.N.G.P IT||Non Active|
|S.No||Date||Event Type||Event Name||Resource person||No of participants|
|1||15.10.2020||National Level Webinar||Recent Networking Technologies||
Technical Lead, Maple Labs, Bangalore
|2||09-12-2019 to 14-12-2019||Value added Course||Introduction to Network Essentials||
|3||27.09.2019||Certificate Course||Networksimulator-2 [NS-2]||
|4||17.06.2019 to 21.06.2019||Value added Course||Networking and Networking Security||
Mr Eugene Mentonca
Many M/s UTLTechnologies, Bangalore
|5||17.06.2019 to 21.06.2019||Value added Course||Introduction to Network Essential||
|6||25.06.2018 to 30.06.2018||Value added Course on||Networking and Networking Security||
Trainer, M/s UTL Technologies Bangalore
|7||06.12.2018 to 07.12.2018||Faculty Development Programme||Computer Networking||
Professor / Dept of Robotics, PSG College of Technology.
|8||2017-2021||Value Added Course||CISCO CCNA Networking||
|9||2015-2019||Value Added Course||CISCO CCNA Networking||
|10||2010-2014||Value Added Course||CISCO CCNA Networking||
|11||2009-2013||Value Added Course||CISCO CCNA Networking||
Scope For Providing Training/Consultancy Services Through The Coe
|S.No||Name of the Training||Scope|
|1||CISCO MODULE TRAINING||• Students will get Access to all courses in NetAcad
• Access to all initiatives of CISCO like AICTE sponsored internships, CISCO recruiting drives