What is Electronics and Communication Engineering ?
Electronics & Communication Engineering deals with the electronic devices, circuits, communication equipment like transmitter, receiver, integrated circuits (IC). It also deals with basic electronics, analog and digital transmission & reception of data, voice and video (Example AM, FM, DTH), microprocessors, satellite communication, microwave engineering, antennae and wave progression.
Why Study ECE at NGPiTech
An ECE Degree from NGPiTech opens up great career prospects for the students. The students after completion of the degree can easily avail job opportunities in manufacturing industries and service organizations such as broadcasting, consulting, data communication, entertainment, research and development; and system support.
CDAC IoT RESEARCH LAB
CDAC-IoT Research Lab brings new opportunities and possibilities of usage of Embedded systems, Remote sensor systems and Control systems in the implementation of IoT.
What you will study
Typical modules for courses in this subject include:
- Digital Logic and Circuit.
- Analog Electronics.
- Signal & System.
- Electromagnetic Theory.
- Digital Signal Processing.
- Analog and Digital Communications.
- Integrated Electronics.
- Communication Network.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2007. The Department has been producing consistently illustrious Engineering graduates of higher caliber who occupy prestigious places in academic and industrial fields. The laboratories are well equipped with modern training facilities to nurture the inclination of the students towards the standard set by the competitive syllabus and practical knowledge. The Department has various industry collaborative centers and MOU signed with Texas Instruments, National Instruments, UTL Technologies which aids the students to meet the global challenges of the Engineering Industries.
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering got Research Centre Recognition by Anna University in 2016 since then it offers a Research Program in the Faculty of Information and Communication Engineering. The Department of ECE has 26 faculty members with 6 Recognized Research Supervisors, 11 Ph.D. holders and 10 faculties pursuing doctoral programmes. Research works are carried out in various thrust areas such as VLSI, Signal & Image Processing and Embedded Systems etc.
To develop professionally competent Electronics and Communication Engineers with sound technical knowledge and skills for contributing global societal needs.
The stated Vision of the Electronics and Communication Engineering Department will be achieved by:
- Facilitating the students with profound technical knowledge and quality contemporary education through effective teaching learning process for a successful career.
- Nurturing experiential learning through collaborative interaction with industry and professional organizations.
- Promoting collaborative-scientific and socially relevant research in the thrust areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Attaining professional excellence with well-equipped laboratories and industry driven skill development programs.
- Inculcating ethical, moral and healthy professional practices for societal benefits.
- To develop Social relevant projects and produce socially responsible electronic engineers.
- To impart industry-specific education for the students and help them get core jobs in interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary fields.
- To provide a platform for the students to give a shape to their innovative ideas.
- Enhancing testing and consultancy facilities to various governmental and private organizations.
- Developing products through Technology Business Incubators (TBI) cell in turn to develop entrepreneur skills among the students.
- Carrying out multidisciplinary collaborative publication of journals /patents
- Strengthening the research attachment programs with foreign universities.
- Establishing multidisciplinary centers of excellence.
State Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Graduates of Electronics and Communication Engineering Program will
- Practice as successful professionals in Electronics and Communication Engineering and allied disciplines.
- Apply appropriate techniques, skills and modern tools for the design and analysis of Electronics and Communication systems.
- Adapt to evolving technological challenges through higher education and research.
- Exhibit leadership qualities and teamwork with ethical standards for societal and environmental well-being.
After the successful completion of B.E. Program in Electronics and Communication, the student's will be able to
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering services.
- Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively in complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PSO-Program Specific Outcomes
After the successful completion of B.E. Program in Electronics and Communication Engineering, the student's will be able to
- Apply the knowledge in the field of Electronics, Signal and Image processing, VLSI, Networking, Communication and Embedded Systems to solve complex problems in electronics and communication engineering.
- Analyze and design electronics and communication systems using modern tools viz OrCAD, LabVIEW, Proteus, MATLAB, Mentor Graphics, Xilinx tools, SDR, NS-2, CISCO Packet Tracer, EAGLE and ARM development boards to provide innovative solutions for real world problems.
- Apply professional ethics and function effectively as an individual or a leader in a team for achieving professional goals in multidisciplinary environments.
|01.||2010||ORACLE Workforce Development Program Centre|
|03.||2011||Think LABS Technosolutions Pvt Ltd|
|04.||2013||IBM Centre of Excellence|
|05.||2015||EMC² Academic Alliance|
|06.||2016||AOSTA Technology Incubation Center|
|07.||2017||Lakhshya Cyber Security Center|
|08.||2019||Red Hat Academy|
|09.||2021||Pinesphere Solutions Private Ltd., Coimbatore|
|10.||2021||uSis Technologies Private Ltd., Coimbatore|
|S.No.||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Profile|
|dr.p.sampath||Head of the Department||View Profile|
|dr sivakumar p||Professor||View Profile|
|dr.b.aruna devi||Professor||View Profile|
|dr.k.gayathri devi||Professor||View Profile|
|dr.j.sujitha||Associate Professor||View Profile|
|dr.s.a.sivakumar||Associate Professor||View Profile|
|kirthika a||Associate Professor||View Profile|
|archana manoharan||Assistant Professor (O.G.)||View Profile|
|nirmala kumari k||Assistant Professor (O.G.)||View Profile|
|dr preethi d||Assistant Professor (O.G.)||View Profile|
|r.lawanya||Assistant Professor (O.G.)||View Profile|
|nandhini s||Assistant Professor (O.G.)||View Profile|
|shanmuga raju s||Assistant Professor (O.G.)||View Profile|
|v prasanna devi||Assistant Professor (O.G.)||View Profile|
|j mercy||Assistant Professor (O.G.)||View Profile|
|preethi s||Assistant Professor (O.G.)||View Profile|
|dr.ezhilazhgan c||Assistant Professor (Sl.Gr.)||View Profile|
|dr v.govindaraj||Assistant Professor (Sl.Gr.)||View Profile|
|dr.k.p.sai pradeep||Assistant Professor (Sl.Gr.)||View Profile|
|kamalakkannan p e||Assistant Professor (Sl.Gr.)||View Profile|
|ms. s. nithya devi||Assistant Professor (Sl.Gr.)||View Profile|
|dr r lavanya||Assistant Professor (Sl.Gr.)||View Profile|
|vinothkumar u||Assistant Professor (Sr.Gr.)||View Profile|
|saranya p||Assistant Professor (Sr.Gr.)||View Profile|
|p.divya||Assistant Professor (Sr.Gr.)||View Profile|
|nirmala r||Lab Technician||View Profile|
|r.nandini||Lab Technician||View Profile|
|hema n||Lab Technician||View Profile|
|m.priya||Lab Technician||View Profile|
|n prabhakaran||Lab Technician||View Profile|
|jeeva s||Lab Technician||View Profile|
VLSI & Networks Lab
Communication System Lab
Integrated Circuits Lab
Electronics & Simulation Lab
PG & Research Programmes Offerd
M.E Embedded System Technologies
M.E. Embedded System Technologies or Master of Engineering in Embedded System Technologies is a postgraduate Embedded Systems course. M.E program provides a deeper understanding of the mathematical, theoretical, practical and application aspects of the embedded system area.
Electronics and Communications Engineering (PhD)
Use your advanced research skills to further the growth and development of electronics and communications engineering. You will join an active research community and work with academics, peers and partner organisations who have demonstrated research success in a range of specialities.
Alumni Lecture SeriesRead more
Value Added Course on Product Design ManufacturingRead more
Career Opportunities after Engineering (Gate & ESE)Read more
Industry Powered Centers and Courses
Texas Instruments Center
NI LabVIEW Academy
CISCO Networking Academy
Value Added Courses by Industry
Professional Societies in NGPiTECH
‘The Electrical and Electronic Engineers Students’ Association named ‘ELECTROZ’ is responsible for organizing events, workshops, etc in the institute on behalf of the EEE department. It has successfully organized many field trips to gain practical experience and to foster a deeper learning and understanding of the theoretical concepts. It provides an opportunity for students to take the responsibility of organizing and managing technical symposiums. It paves a way to self analyze, develop and provides a chance to work with diversified groups.
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing, and technology information around the globe.
- Smart Cities
- Government Sector
- Mobile Communications
- Embedded Systems
- Satellite Communications
NGPiTech students are provided ample opportunities for full time internships and on-the-Job trainings in reputed companies like Amazon, Capgemini, Bosch, Cognizant Flipkart, Hexaware, IBM, Infineon, ITC Wipro etc. We have pioneered a student engagement model, where student go for internship with the option of a Pre-Placement offer for a period of 6 months to a year. The student simultaneously complete their Academic program as well as the internship and are on board as full-time employees based on their internship performance.
Study With us
Dr. NGP Institute of Technology is a milti-campus learning environment offering programs in different locations.
Hear from our Alumni
Listen to our alumni talk about their degree and life at Dr. NGP Institute of Technology, Coimbatore.
Our campuses are a rich, vibrant and have lots of activity where there is always something going on. Find out what activities you can take part in NGPIT
Book a campus tour
Explore NGPIT campus by yourself. We offer walking tours and virtual tours online. You can explore Key locations, Laboratories, Learning Hubs, Sporting Areas and Hostel faciliteis.
We provide a range of sports facilities Inside the campus. World class Sporting facilites at NGPIT Helps student to pursue their dream Career in sports.
Find out the range of scholarships available when you study at Dr. NGP Institute of Engineering and Technology