About TI Center, Dr.N.G.P. Institute of Technology:
Texas Instruments Center is established at Dr.N.G.P Institute of technology on 27th February 2014, inaugurated and MoU signed by Dr. C.P Ravikumar, Technical Director – University Relations, Texas Instruments, Bangalore. Since then various Value Added Training Programs such as Analog System Design, Embedded System Design with MSP430 and Hands on training with DSP C2000 has been conducted in this center which creates job opportunities for the students in electronics industries. In addition to this, hands on training with VLSI FPGA are also conducted in this Center.
Texas Instruments Center at Dr.N.G.P Institute of technology is also engaged in conduction of Faculty Development Programs, Workshops in the field of Signal Processing and Embedded System Design for students and faculty members. This center also helps the students in doing their final year projects in the field of electronics.
- MoU Signed & Inauguration of TI Center : Feb 27,2014
- MoU Renewal : May 22, 2017
- Area : 159 Sq.M
Student Project &Grants:
- 23 Teams of Student Projects are shortlisted for the Quarter Finals of Texas Instruments Innovation Challenge, Design Contest 2015.
- Effy Maria of III Year, Mr. J Daniel Vasanth & Ms. A Tharani of IV ECE won the 2nd Webench Design Contest conducted by Texas Instruments India University Program with a cash award of Rs.25,000/-.
- V.Mudhaliar Meenakshi won the 3rd Webench Design Contest conducted by Texas Instruments India University Program with a cash award of Rs.7692/-.
- 5 Teams of Student Projects are shortlisted for the Quarter Finals of DST & Texas Instruments India Innovation Challenge, Design Contest 2016.
- M.Gokul, Ms.N.DurgaDevi, Ms.V.Ramya Shanmugavadivu, Ms.R.Bhuvaneshwari received a grant of Rs.5,00,000 for project titled “Gastric rhythm analyzer”.
- B.sukita, Ms.V.Vasuda, Mr.s.riyaz, Mr.S.T. Vishnu Vikranth received a grant of Rs.8,800 for project titled, “DEMUTE – A Dumb Assist Device”.
- R.Ani, Ms.Effy Maria, Ms. Jameema Joice and Mr.V.Sakkravarthy received a grant of Rs. 28,185/- for project titled “Smart Specs: Voice Assisted Reading System for Visually Impaired Persons using TTS Method”.
- N.Sangeetha, Ms. S.Sangeetha, Mr.K.Praveen Kumar and Ms.K.Sushmitha received a grant of Rs. 8849/- for project titled “Solar Powered Automatic Ploughing and Irrigation Machine for Agriculture”.
- P. Sachin, Mr.R.Prithviraj, Mr.J.Praveen, Ms.M.Soniya and Ms.S. Pradeepa received a grant of Rs.2736/- for project titled “Omni Focal Spectacular Lens”.
- 5 Teams of Student Projects are shortlisted for the Quarter Finals of DST & Texas Instruments India Innovation Challenge, Design Contest 2017.
- E.Thinapakar certified as Outstanding performance on achieving First Place in Signals and System – an online contest by TI Univeristy Program
- Texas Instruments and M/S Steps Knowledge Service Pvt.Ltd Sponsored Four Days Hands on Faculty Empowerment Programme on “Analog,Power,Embedded Systems & Wireless(IOT)” was organized with a grant of Rs.3,84,439/-.
Value Added Training Programs:
- Embedded System and its Application using MSP430
- 2015-2019 Batch – 40 Students
- 2014-2018 Batch -92 Students
- 2013-2017 Batch -105 Students
- 2012-2016-126 Students
- Embedded Systems Design using ARM CORTEX – M
- 2012-2016-123 Students
- 2011-2015 – 126 Students
- TI C2000 32-bit fixed point DSP Engine & its Applications
- 2013-2017 – 125 Students